911 Turbo For Sale

porsche-911-turbo-1988

I’m sorry I’m such a Turbo whore. I just can’t help myself.

I wasn’t going to post this one up, because it’s just a for sale ad, but I keep thinking about the car (yes, another one of “those”). So I figure if I keep thinking about it, maybe others will enjoy seeing this one.

The car pictured above is a 1988 911 Turbo, but not a stock one. There are some great upgrades, probably the coolest of which is a rebuilt engine boosting output to 500 hp. 0 to 60 in 3.4 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph. Just a tad faster than the Giveaway Porsche. In all, the owner has over $120k invested in the car.

I won’t steal all of PorschePurist.com’s thunder. Take a quick jaunt over there and have a look at the list of upgrades along with some more pictures of the car. Here’s the link: PorschePurist.com.

I really want an 80’s 911 Turbo some day.

Comments

1. I wish there was a price included. Swap those wheels out and that’s one B.A. 911! Would love to own that one.
    Ryan, any guesstimates on price?

2. Thanks for the website! I’ve never seen it…

3. That is ok if you are a turbo whore as I am also. I would love an 80’s turbo in red. That would be a classic and it is definitely on my list of future car purchases.

4. Andrew says:
  5. Jeremy says:

That is a beautiful car! Whore away Ryan, Whore away.

6. Jeremy says:

What would 170MPH feel like anyway? I want to give it a shot.

7. this one gets my approval. although i think the “80’s” RUF wheels would set it off even more

8. Oh man..sweeet! I have said it before and will say it again, 80`s era 911 T`s rock! This is one is just through the roof!

9. BTW, The ONLY thing i would change on this….set of 17″ RUF wheels!

10. Andrew says:

Why were both of my comments deleted?

11. Andrew says:

Nevermind – they just came back when I posted that last one. Weird that the first one doesn’t show my name, and that I couldn’t view either of them until I just posted that last one. It still says 0 comments at the top of the blog entry as well… Strange…

12. ryan,
    looks like this post was quite popular and rightfully so. that looks like on well taken care of turbo

13. Downright beautiful car. Looks like its really well kept up, how much is it going for??

14. Woehaa, get rid of the wheels and enjoy the ride! (after putting other wheels on of course,,,)

15. why do people ruin a car with terrible rims?

16. phil s, i couldn’t agree with you more. stock wheels or RUF’s would do the job

17. Yeah, they need to go back to stock wheels on this well kept car.

18. Phil Schneider says: